- I'm interested in joining the British Society of Flavourists, how do I apply?
- I'm already a Society member but don't know my password for signing in, where do I find them?
- I'm a BSF member, and believe I qualify for one of the higher grades - how do I upgrade?
- How can I contact another member of the BSF?
- How can I verify that I am (or another person is) a member of the BSF?
- Am I able to vote in General Meetings?
- How do I pay my annual subscription?
- Can my company/employer be a member of the BSF?
- If I move jobs, can my previous employer cancel my membership?
Details regarding application, including the form, may be found on the Membership page.
You can obtain this yourself by taking the Forgot password option. You will need access to your email (the address we hold for you) for confirmation messages - if you no longer have this (e.g. if you have changed employer or provider) please contact the Membership Secretary to update your details.
You will need to submit an application for consideration by the Society's Council - this is easily done via the online upgrade application form (login required)
Members are able to contact others directly using the Member Lookup feature in My BSF. For privacy reasons we are not able to share individuals' contact details, but messages may be passed on via the Honorary Membership Secretary using the Contact Form.
Members are able to view/print/save a Certificate of Membership at any time, which can be used as evidence of current active membership. If you are already a member yourself then you can find others using the Member Lookup facility in the My BSF area.
You are eligible to vote (a 'voting member') if you hold Fellow or Associate membership, or have served on the Council.
We use Xero to manage financial transactions, including subscriptions invoicing which is now handled exclusively via email. Payment methods will be highlighted on the e-invoices.
An important principle of the BSF is that membership is held solely on a personal basis, so we do not have group or company memberships. Some employers support membership by funding subscriptions (and we can accept grouped payments provided they can be assigned to individual members), but ultimately membership is a matter between the member & The Society only. This is particularly pertinent regarding matters relating to membership renewal. For this reason we are also unable to provide group invoices.
Since elected membership is held on a personal basis, only you can decide if you wish your membership to continue. If the email address we hold for you was a corporate one, you will need to update your profile with your new address to ensure you continue to receive Society mail and future invoicing.